Thursday 23 February 2012

13th Colonial Police Alpha Shift

It's been a busy week for me so far, but I did manage to squeeze in some personal time to paint some mini's of my own (you know, as opposed to someone else's). So here I present to you Alpha Shift of the 13th Colonial Police Division, Terminus Omega Police Station. You've probably noticed notice all the guys in the war-time get-up I've painted so far are white while some of the street cops have Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi flesh tones. Basically it's because I haven't got around to painting any of the Khurasan miniatures in darker skin tones yet. The final mix will have about 75% of the miniatures painted as traditionally pasty-fleshed, haven't-seen-the-sun-since-last-June-and-it's-now-May Scots. The remaining 25% will be painted as Scots with Mediterranean, Indian, Oriental, African and Arabic skin-tones.

13th CP Constables in Peace-Time "Patrol-Dress". I'd call them street clothes, if only 2300AD Bad Landing had actual streets....

Alpha Shift in War-Time "Battle Dress" Order.

Aplha shift sergeant and his support-weapon armed constables.

The shift's ordinary, assault-rifle armed constables.


7 comments:

  1. They are really looking good! Especially the sergeant and his support guys.

    Amazing really what you can do in 15 mm. Only thing I have done is Fallshirmjaegers from FLAMES OF WAR. And some tanks to give them back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I like the mix of Battle-Dress and Patrol-Dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, like these a lot! Just one or two gripes-where's the tartan we discussed, and how about a kilt conversion, or maybe multi barrelled bagpipes? Seriously though, I like the concept, and you've done a great job on these. More eye candy, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem. Still working on those gunrunner... but now that you mention it, one of my gaming buddies did point out that I'd unconsciously adopted the colours of the Scotland Rugby Team....

      Delete
  4. Great looking models. I like the little medic pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. That little Red Cross was a complete Fluke. I'll never manage to paint a freehand Red Cross that looks that good ever again.

      Delete