Saturday 7 February 2015

8th Necromundan Regiment, Imperial Guard

Now that most of my (former )painting service back-log has been finished and posted out to customers I've been able to squeeze in an hour or two of painting my own miniatures. My old Imperial Guard army has been languishing since 5th edition and is due a revamp. Thing is, I'm completely uninspired by my old collection of guard infantry and feel the need for a complete re-start. At least where the human infantry elements are concerned.

Most of my existing collection is going to be consigned to continuing oblivion while I resurrect one of my first 40K armies from back in 1988: the 8th Necromundan regiment. The very same regiment that graced the front of the first ever plastic IG box 27 years ago.

I'm not going to go with the classic paint scheme entirely however. I've long since gone off the tiger stripe camo and metal helmets. However, Ill still be using a predominantly grey and black colour scheme, but with black helmets and webbing.

Ahh...sweet memories
I think one of the reasons I've "gone off" my current Guard army is their look. Although heavily converted with third party heads and the like, I've never liked the basic look of the Cadian models they're based on. I far preferred the look of the old Cadian metals. Fortunately, Victoria miniatures has come to the rescue with their "Arcadian" range. While clearly inspired by the old metal Cadians, there are clear influences from the 1988 box set as well, including the look of the lasguns (by the way I love that the name "Arcadian" harkens back to the old days of 40K lore as well).

 
 

The "Arcadian" miniatures themselves are lovely sculpts, and I've already ordered a couple of veteran squads and a CCS from the company. Combined with a few of my older GW miniatures and my soon to be repainted collection of vehicles, they'll hopefully make a fine start to my newest 40K army.






11 comments:

  1. They are nice looking figures. *puts on the to buy list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The female Arcadian miniatures are even nicer. I've ordered 15 males and 10 females. I don't plan on keeping up that ratio for the entire army, but I do plan on sprinkling the females around a few different squads when I expand my collection a bit.

    The mini's aren't inexpensive but I don't mind paying for quality. However, the price will keep the numbers of infantry models in the force fairly low. So I'll be going full mech with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my original IG sculpts for Epic painted up in these classic colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brian - long time no hear mate. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canon Printer Tech Support Phone Number - Is it accurate to say that you are hunting down Canon printer bolster? Well you have arrived on the correct page on the grounds that the Canon Printer Support Phone Number is presently accessible to fix all your printer related issues. Canon is a worldwide brand that is generally known for its printer segments at sensible expense.

    Canon fabricates such printers that satisfies all your printing necessities and gives you the best printing arrangements. Yet, here and there it can fall into a few issues and mistakes that can influence your work. To fix the issues, you can call us at our Canon Printer Support Phone Number and the help group will be there to help you in a matter of moments.


    HP Printer Tech Support Phone Number | QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number | Norton Tech Support Phone Number

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ariel replica watches Adams (AA): When looking at the modern history of the luxury Swiss watch industry, it becomes clear that business growth in America replica watches uk was crucial for its success. Then, something happened, and Switzerland’s love affair with the American market ended, with fake rolex so much of the luxury world’s attention being refocused to the East. What history can you provide here, and how can you explain this shift fake Rolex of focus by the luxury watch brands away from replica rolex America?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cricut machines is an easy-to-use machine that allows the cutting of materials into the design of your choice. visit links: www.cricut.com setup | www.cricut.com setup | cricut.com/setup | cricut.com/setup | www.cricut.com/setup | cricut setup

    ReplyDelete