Thursday 18 April 2013

Battletech Word of Blake


A week or two ago, I was jammy enough to pick up 18 Mechs (mostly Heavy and Assault) with a combined retail value of over £100 for just £45 on eBay. 7 of these Mechs will join my "FoxHounds 3060" force, for Civil War and Jihad era games. The other 11 (plus a plastic Hunchback) will form the backbone of my Word of Blake Army.
Word of Blake Mechs. Fireball, Dai-Sho, Apollo and Hunchback
Here are the first four I've manage to paint up, working only at night (because I'm pretty much painting miniatures on commission from sun-rise to sun-set at the moment).

Most of the Mechs are suitable for either a pre-jihad WoB force or a second line, Word of Blake Militia force during the actual Jihad. As an added bonus, they can double up as Com-Star Mechs as well.

The twelve Mechs I've purchased, combined with ten bases of infantry, six wheeled vehicles and 3 helicopters give almost an entire level III (Battalion) force. I'm just five elements short. The plan is to fill the remaining slots with another Assault mech (or possibly two) and a couple of battle-armour squads.

4 comments:

  1. Wolf's Dragoons and Comstar/Word of Blake were my favourites back in the day... You've definitely got the look right there, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. I've always had a soft-spot for Comstar myself. The Foxhounds have a certain Wolf's Dragoon look about them. The modern WD colour scheme is black with red details. Our Foxhounds mechs are black with orange details.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to read the fox hounds post (far to long for me in one sitting). Hope you make it to Salute as I might want to pick your brain over some battletech issues! You have been warned....and that's no reason not to turn up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I wont see you all today at Salute. Hope you have a good time. You can always drop me a line at my work address brian@leadlegion.com to arrange a natter over the phone.

      It's a very long post. My own fault really, for not doing proper regular updates and having to cram a years worth of campaigning into a single post.

      Delete